IGNORED

78 280z fire wall insulation

az240z

I used the same thing! I painted EVERYTHING before I laid this down - and I only tacked it in a few places with 3M Super 77. Tacking allows moisture to escape if needed. The Transmission Tunnel is what gets the hottest so I used it there and the floorboards, etc. For the Firewall I used this sheet insulation similar to the tube pipe insulation you can find at a home improvement store. I also used QuietCar for sound deadening which turned out perfectly, the doors are tight and snug. Big Difference.

I have to mention that this material is Conductive! (not QuiteCar) - So watch loose wiring!

Edited by ZCurves

I just tacked the Heat Shield in places and then installed the carpet kit over it. I applied the QuietCar inside the Quarter Panels and inside the Doors. After the QuietCar had cured (5 days), I also mushed several dollops of silicone gel between the door skin and the Impact Bar inside each door which makes the doors shut like a bank vault. Finally, I used some Heat-Shield scraps on the rods that actuate the door mechanism and door handles - Little inch wide strips down each rod. No rattles, No tinny sound.