Temp Gauge InOP - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Temp Gauge InOP

Featured Replies

My temp gauge was working fine until I worked on the car today. I put freon in the car and also had the finisher, finisher brackets and center air ducts out to check the condition of the evaporator and expansion valve. Could something have been knocked loose on the temp gauge during reassembly? It shares that pod with the oil pressure gauge and it still works fine. Coincidence or do you think something else just happened to break today?

I suspect something got pulled loose, Ben. Recheck for broken/loose connectors at the sending unit and gauge.

  • Author

I pulled the middle vents I couldn't feel or see anything loose on the temperature gauge. I popped the hood and see what looks to be two sensors coming from the thermostat housing. I assume this is where the gauge sending unit is? I followed both wire leads until the dissappear into the abyss of wires that exist and could not find any broken connections. Any other suggestions?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.