IGNORED

su revelation

racer88

WoHooooo

There may be hope for my su's yet. After struggling in the fall with various problem with my 4 screw su's. I had to run them rich so as to get rid of a surging at constant throttle and miss at wot then the car smelled of exhaust at idle and low speeds. When it was missing at wot if I just backed off on the throttle a little it would pick up and rev to 7000 ( I have a fairly modified 2.8). I looked at converting to injection or holley 4bbl and had discussing this with some of you. When I got the car it had dvg's on it. I converted it to 4screws that I rebuilt with zero play in the shafts. For air breathers i took the small elements fron the dgv's built flat bases and lids thinking that would be ok. The other day I took the car for the 1st ride of the year, on the way back I pulled over and removed the breathers and the car ran better. Yesterday i picked up some k&n filters of the same outside dimensions but 4" thick instead of the 1.25" thick like the dgv's. I also machined up some 3/4 inch thick raidiused air horns. Put it all together set the mixture with this new setup and went for a ride. The engine revved so fast I almost could not shift fast enough to keep up. No Smell no miss goes like a rocket to 7000. My guess it was a combination of not enough filter element and the new raidusd air horns. IT GOES LIKE A ROCKET.:D

Bob :D

I really like the look and sound of the su's but was getting frustrated, next step is I have an extra set of this carb spacers that I am gonna add between the intake and carbs, see how it likes that?

Edited by racer88

• 1 month later...

anybody know if that mechanical pump up front is enough to feed both carbs? Took the old electric off ran a filter to the tank and may add another before the pump. At first I noticed both filters at the carbs were just getting trickles of fuel I vented the tank differently and now they seem to be filling. Also since she is getting fed I have 19 inches of steady vacuum at 775 rpm idle. All the lines are hose except the main underneath so no perculation in Arizona.

I'm really surprised that a lot of folks do not run the original air cleaner boxes. I know that they are not the most attractive things out there but they do have a clear cut function with the built in air horns.......I ran those snap on air filters when I first got my car and went to visit Roger at the Z Barn. He hooked me up with a great air cleaner box with all the hardware - gave it a refresh/paint job (great link on the site by the way) and it automaticlly added power the first time I ran the car..........proper air horn size makes a big difference!!

Desertmonkey - the mechanical pump is plenty to run both your carbs just so it is in proper working condition. There is a location on your passenger engine bay for your Nissan fuel filter holder to attach to. I have only ran 1 filter with no issue's but that will be based on the condition of your tank.

post-14147-14150814948539_thumb.jpg

post-14147-141508149479_thumb.jpg

Edited by Travel'n Man