IGNORED

dash light sockets

260 z

:bulb::bulb:Today was to be the day that my old light bulbs in the dash would be replaced. I started with the gauges and that went well...moved to the glove box and console lights..still not many problem, then to the tach. OOPS, the socket's fingers that hold it in came out as three pieces. The bulb was also the flat push type not the round pin type I thought I had. I called z car parts to see if they had this socket and why the bulb set I bought from them did not have the correct type of bulbs??? They said that all the dash bulbs should be round pinned type and they do not sell the socket. So here I am. Does any one have any of these sockets that they want to sell ?? I have answered that life long question and, size does matter. My belly is to big to get under the steering wheel easily and my hands are to large to just reach up under the dash and remove the lights from the speedometer and tach. I got the tach's out because I still have the trim off the dash. Any great ideas for the speedometer ??? I should use one or two of them right now. Thanks

Edited by 260 z

This thread has been out for a day now so I have to believe that no one has a source for the original sockets.

Looking on the Internet, I have found a site AUTOLUMATION.COM that I think could have a socket that I could adapt to the wiring harness. Does anyone have their tach and speedometer out and could give me the hole size for the lights?

This proves that... if you hit your head on the wall long enough....somthing will give!!!

The answers to this thread are:

You must remove the tach and speedometer inorder to replace their light bulbs.

All the dash lights are the round pin type EXCEPT the one for the cigaret lighter's light