IGNORED

Screws, washers and rubbers for side windows.

Richard Oben

Well in the never ending process of putting 9070 back together I am working on the side windows in the doors. I noticed about half of the fasteners are missing. The scres are not bad to get but I need the washers, rubbers and all that stuff. I have a parts car but would prefer not to steal them from it.

So does anyone know where they can be purchased new or used?

Thanks in advance. Richard.

Well in the never ending process of putting 9070 back together I am working on the side windows in the doors. I noticed about half of the fasteners are missing. The scres are not bad to get but I need the washers, rubbers and all that stuff. I have a parts car but would prefer not to steal them from it.

So does anyone know where they can be purchased new or used?

Thanks in advance. Richard.

Richard,

Specifically, are you working on the Door Glass or the Quarter Windows? For my Z, I ordered the rubber seals for the Door Glass and Quarter Windows from Precision Replacement (www.prp.com), they had a very good fit. I was less impressed with the fitment on the Door Weatherstrip and Hatch -but that is another discussion (and thread). There is quite a bit of effort involved in replacing these parts, do not waste your time with used rubber, be patient and find the proper replacement parts.

I found stainless fasteners at the local home improvement store -always use stainless if you have the option. I found that the screwheads and threads on the Quarter Windows tend to strip. It might be necessary to go up a size so they'll tighten.

This the side window glass in the door, I got the rear quarter seals, innner outer upper finisher and lower finisher already installed, painted the edges so they look right. Door is on, latches work just finishing up the door and need the mounting hardware for the door glass to the metal lift channel. Thanks for looking and replying. Like I said I have a parts car but would rather not pull the parts out of it, Richard.

Ok, I understand. Help me out here, most of my parts are from a '77 - '78. Does your model have the screws with the larger washers that hug the glass to the guide? If so, then I may have several that I can get for you. How many would you be looking for?

On the '77-'78 models there is also a series of rubber bumpers in the guide. You can use split vacuum hose for that - I am not sure of the earlier S30's though.

It sounds like you have what I need. Yes, screws with large washers and rubber things, I have the rubber main strips but over time several 4 or 5 on each side have vibrated out and been lost. I guess 40 plus years does that. I can take a pic if you need it or send me a pic, richard at northracecars.com is my email. I will get an exact count in the morning.

On a side note, this forum never ceases to amaze me, community more than anything else, Richard.

It sounds like you have what I need. Yes, screws with large washers and rubber things, I have the rubber main strips but over time several 4 or 5 on each side have vibrated out and been lost. I guess 40 plus years does that. I can take a pic if you need it or send me a pic, richard at northracecars.com is my email. I will get an exact count in the morning.

On a side note, this forum never ceases to amaze me, community more than anything else, Richard.

That is true. Get your count and I will go look this weekend at my spares (I keep them warehoused a few mile away). I will see how many I can come up with.

• 2 weeks later...