IGNORED

Who is genuinely interested in buying LSx LONG TUBE Headers for S30's?

Project_BBZ

Hey guys, I've been asked about long tube headers for LSx powered S30's several times.

There are those that have the skill and have successfully made their own, but don't seem to want to reproduce them for profit. Due to the frequent questions on the subject to myself, Hybridz, LS1Tech, etc I have decided that if there is enough interest (5 or more sets) I will build a prototype set and have them copied/reproduced for resale. These will be made of stainless steel with 1/2" header flanges, 1 3/4" primaries, 3" collectors, O2 bungs in each collector, and use a V-band for the collectors (leak proof). All welds will be TIG'd. If these go into production these will offer excellent spark plug wire clearence and well as 'hugging' pretty close to the floor for maximum ground clearence without causing carpet to burn or shoes to melt. These will be used with the JCI LSx mounting kit.

Long tube headers will make AT LEAST 20+ rwhp more that the current aftermarket choices available which aren't much better than stock manifolds IMHO. Many folks are limited to smaller cam choices due to the lack of long tube headers available. Of course being made from stainless steel is a nice bonus too.

If this goes according to plan, headpipes with 'H' or 'X' pipes in 2.5" (also in stainless steel) will also be offered. The headpipes will end just in front of the forward diff crossmember allowing the customer the choice of continuing with dual exhaust (one on each side with something than a stock S30 gas tank), or merging into a single pipe for a stock location muffler. I might offer them with an manual cutout feature as well. These will fit both 4L60e and T-56 transmissions (may need a prototype car for the T-56 fitment). The headpipes will run about $250 USD and will be made with the manual cutouts installed and sold with or without the purchase of a set headers. Electric cutouts add an additional $300 USD.

I am sure everyone is wondering the big question...how much for just the headers? Okay guys, just got off the phone with the header company....

First the good:

-After speaking with the header company, the first intro production run will be sold at only $500 per pair. The next run will be likely be raised. I am still waiting to hear if the headpipes with manual cutouts will be cheaper than $250.

Now the bad:

-In order to get the $500 per pair deal, I have to order them in sets of 50 pairs. Even if I don't have deposits for all 50 pairs, I am still going to order the run of 50 pairs. The headpipes will also be bought in sets of 50.

-The first run of headers will only be available with 1 3/4" primaries with 3" collectors (can easily be reduces to 2.5" or smaller after the collector if so desired, see below).

-The first run of headpipes will only be available in 2.5" mandrel bend stainless steel. These will have 3.0" to 2.5" reducers already installed.

-The headers and headpipes will only be available in stainless steel (no mild steel and/or ceramic coating option available).

-The turn around time for the initial run is going to be at least 60 days, but no longer than 90 days. After the initial run of 50 pairs, every additional run of 50 will only take 30 days.

FYI the prototypes will not be nearly as pretty because they are never going to be used other than a template for the production pieces. I am starting on the prototypes on Monday morning along with the headpipes.

I know there has been alot of folks that promise the moon and the stars (with headers and other things) and nothing ever comes from it. Those who know me personally and/or professionally know that I am not the sort to NOT follow-through on a project, especially when it comes to my customers.

Lastly, since I am just gauging interest at this time, I am NOT accepting money/deposits. When I have a prototype set completed next week, then I will start collecting deposits/payments.

So LSx S30 guys, what do you think? Questions?

Thanks for reading!!

Edited by Project_BBZ