Trying to bring it back to life - Classic ZX - 2nd to 4th Generation - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Trying to bring it back to life

Featured Replies

I have posted several times incorrectly in the S30 forums. Now I have it straight.

I'm trying to start a 79 that has set up for two years. the PO replaced the starter and didn't wire the starter ground back so when I tried to start it the wire going from ignition to the coil cooked. (I had replaced the fusible link with a wire too thick)

So, many lessons learned I'm trying to get it started. I'm not getting spark at the plugs. I noticed the coil is getting hot...very hot..with the ignition ON. It may be bad. It started leaking after a few minutes. I will replace it tomorrow night and try again.

Any help would be appreciated. This is my 16 year old daughter's car and we have been working on it for almost a month. I REALLY want to hear it run before we spend money on the interior.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.