IGNORED

What's the difference??? (Between Z Models)

Guest telston

Guest telston

I'm new to the Z scene, and have been searching the internet without luck in looking for the differences between the z models, why one is better than the other, etc. All I have found is specifications, the fact that the 1978 280z is more luxurious, and that the 1973 240z is officially a classic.. (I think it was the 1973). Anyways the reason I am asking, is that I want to buy a z, and have been swinging between decisions on which model to buy. I have no clue why I should buy one over the other (differences in looks, handling, interior, etc.) Please help!!!

Thanks for any help in advance..

Trevor

• 7 months later...

Hi guys,

Please to meet you both as I am new here.

Trevor - as frenchy13 said, zhome is the best start for you, loads of information which should keep you busy.

I ended up going to Amazon and buying a couple of books first which really helped alot.

Here is a quick time line:

1970-73 240Z

1974-75 260Z (75-280Z)

1976-78 280Z (78-280ZX)

1979-83) 280ZX

The 280ZX is more refined and luxurious. The fastest Z is the 1970 240Z, newer emissions and safety legislation meant the performance started to decrease in later models due to bigger heavier bumpers as well as emmissions equipment (not including the 280ZX Turbo v.fast).

As the names suggest 240Z is a 2.4l engine and so on for the other models.

Good luck in choosing.

George

73 240Z with 280ZX engine