Need light sockets - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Need light sockets

Featured Replies

Hey guys,

Im going through my bulbs trying to weed out the rusted an rotted. I am in need of some bulb sockets for the 240z. In particular those for the valence lights and the tail lights. If you have any extra in decent condition or know somebody that does, id appreciate it.

Thanks

Frankie

Are you just looking for the sockets or do you need the wiring too?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I've got the 2 valance sockets with wires and 3 prong connectors. One is pretty much perfect the other needs a little cleaning. My only tail light sockets have already been cut up.

If you want the valance sockets let me know.

John

  • Author

I could definitely use the valance sockets and I'll keep looking for the tail lights sockets. I'll PM u.

They came off a 73 if that matters to you.

Frankie, if rust is the only problem, you might try soaking the sockets in EvapoRust. The stuff works. Finish with a rinse in water, dry thoroughly, and spray with WD-40.

  • Author

Alot of it is rust but even with the rust gone i am having problems soldering the grounds back on. Plus i have ruined my socket base by taking it out. I was trying to fix the possiblity of a grounding problem between the spring and the back of the socket. I will use it though for some other stuff, always happy to have someone else rat out the bad products for the good ones JK. :)

Hope all is well fastwoman

Frankie

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.