Hello from Ireland! - Introductions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Hello from Ireland!

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

New member to the site and unfortunately coming along with a problem!

Just before Christmas 09, I managed to fulfill my dream of owning a Z car, a 1978 260Z 2+2 (UK spec). I drove it from the UK back to Ireland with absolutely no problems and everything was fine for a few months (apart from a battery drain problem and a 30 second long starting procedure!).

Unfortunately the car has develped some problems which I need a bit of help on as I'm at the point of frustration!

The engine is misfiring and I have a voltage regulator related battery drain!

If anyone could help with these problems it would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?p=337321

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?p=337322

Thanks!

Mark

Possibly your alternator is faulty. Even tho you might be getting a charge at the battery a bad alternator can drain it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.