IGNORED

seating issue early 260Z.

vpulsar

Hi guys I've got a bit of an annoying problem with my 260 in that I don't bloody well fit LOL, Now I had a left hand drive 260 2+2 over 20 years ago now and I remember the seat went back to far in that if I had it all the way back so had to pull it a little forward.

But on this early 260 I have now not only do I find it very hard indeed getting past the standard 15" dished wheel once I'm in it's nearly on my chest LOL and I find it hard to change gear with my leg hitting the wheel, Their is about 6" behind the seat with it all the way back and I was wondering if any other tall/fat people might of had the same problem and solved it ?.

Any pointers would be gratefully received, Or does a later seat have more travel on it's runners or are the US car seats given more travel because they eat all the pies ? ;):classic:.

Rob

I measured my early '74 260Z Coupe seats for you and they do retract to a little over 6" from the rear stow compartments to the back of the bottoms. I also measured 6" from the bottom of the 15" steering wheel to the top of seat bottom. With the seat all of the way back and the seat back locked in the "standard" position, I measured 21" from the bottom of the steering wheel to the seat back.

The seat brackets were changed in 8/74 onwards. I dont know if there was more travel on those. This is on USA cars.

I think that:

1 you gained more weight than you thought ( I do like my pies and am fat)

2 maybe the 2+2's had more travel

3 have the seat BACK adjusted too far towards the front.

The seat brackets were changed in 8/74 onwards. I dont know if there was more travel on those. This is on USA cars.

I think that:

1 you gained more weight than you thought ( I do like my pies and am fat)

2 maybe the 2+2's had more travel

3 have the seat BACK adjusted too far towards the front.

I'm actually about the same weight I was back then maybe a stone of two heavier but not enough to make much difference, I had to pull the seat forward a bit back then, I just think that the 2 seater must not be as roomy as the 2+2. Mind you I remember also driving a 2 seater back then and that was also roomy enough to fit my fat arse in LOL.

It's ok the car is going to a friends shop to have the floor and seat modified to suit my large frame LOL, He's going to get the seat back those extra 6" and drop the seat height a bit if pos as well, I'll report back on the end result.

Rob