IGNORED

Door Weatherstrip Mods

JohnnyO

I wanted to buy my weatherstrip kit from datsunstore.com but they use precision and we all know what's going on with them right now. I ended up with the only kit I could find and it was from BD. Fits tight (as expected) but seems to loosen up a little every day. I adjusted the latch so I can get it past the safety latch and will move it in a little every few days until it sits flush (I hope).

My question is this: Datsunstore.com states the following:

"The kits are made by Precision. We do minor mods to every door gasket to make sure that your doors will close properly. Other vendors don't do these mods because they don't know that they are neccessary.

We also provide critical installation procedures for these kits at no additional cost to you that no one else provides, and we offer free tech support as well."

http://www.datsunstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/134/products_id/305

Does anybody know what the "minor mods" are and maybe some of the "critical installation procedures" are?

I would have purchased from them to get the mods but they are out of stock.

John