IGNORED

engine is not running right after warm, movies and pictures included

crazyoctopus

Crazyocto,

Have you opened up the banjo bolts on the float bowls? These originally had very fine screens in them (some people remove them) that can get clogged with junk. When I had my roadster carbs apart I found plenty of crap in there that made it past the fuel filter.

removed the banjo screens and the car wouldnt start at all. a couple chugs but nothing last longer than a second.

Just picked up the new set of plugs and I will put those in tomorrow to see if they make any difference.

Also when i connected the timing light to the wires i noticed that the light would not always go off while cranking. the majority that i saw it go was when the engine actually sputtered, any ideas on that? or is that normal?

Also when i connected the timing light to the wires i noticed that the light would not always go off while cranking. the majority that i saw it go was when the engine actually sputtered, any ideas on that? or is that normal?

Check your distributor. Pull it out and see if the bottom or top of the shaft is wobbly/loose. Check the springs and points. The bushing in the distrubutor wears out just like the throttle bushings in the carb.

i took off the dizzy cap and noticed that the rotor it was kinda flopping a bit, i'll pull the whole dizzy shortly and see if there is any play in the bearing. if there is i'll run down to the parts store and pick up an hei control module and connect it to the 280z dizzy that i have laying around.