IGNORED

Camber Bushing Kit Questions

JohnnyO

Reposting this with a different title because I wasn't getting any hits.

I am rebuilding my front end this weekend and during dismantling I came across a suspension upgrade the PO had installed. After searching here I found this thread:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25877

It describes my lower control arm bushings but doesn't talk about my T/C arm bushings. You can see in the picture the parts in question. From what I read in the above thread the control arm bushings are worth keeping to help with camber adjustment. As for the T/C bushings, I was planning on going stock with the rubber replacements for these.

My questions are as follows:

I did not make note of the offset on the control arm bushings when I removed them from the crossmember. How do I set them initially during install and how do I adjust them once the car is on the ground? Do I loosen the nuts and give them a 1/6th turn on each side until I get the camber correct?

I am assuming the large Hex part of the bushing goes towards the firewall based on the fact that standard bushings have the offset towards the rear. Is this a correct assumption?

The Tension Control Arm bushings look cool but I want to get back to stock where visible. Do these really offer that great of an improvement over stock?

Pictures below.

Thanks in advance,

John

post-17819-14150810122826_thumb.jpg

post-17819-1415081012324_thumb.jpg

post-17819-14150810123642_thumb.jpg

Edited by JohnnyO

The T/C kit also comes with a boot that covers and ball and socket (which is greased up) to prevent comtamination. The tension is set with the included sheetmetal gauge. The T/C kit keeps your suspension under braking more stabile. Also the ball and socket has less suspension bind that OEM.

The offset LCA bushings should be set my your alignment guy.

Curtis, I was hoping you would reply. Yes, I do have the boots for both sides, they just need to be cleaned up. Because I want a stock look I am going to install rubber t/c bushings and put this one on the shelf for the next car.

I mounted the LCA bushings today in relatively the same position in respect to each other. I will have my alignment guy tweak it for me.

Was I correct in my description on the installation of the LCA bushing? I have them mounted now but have not bolted the suspension to the car yet.

Thanks,

John

P.S. Glad to hear Hawaii came out OK today with the weather scare. Take care.

Edited by JohnnyO