IGNORED

Not starting

andrew22888

I own a 1974 260z. Everything is stock except the dual webbers. I have purchased them from a friend off his 260z that was running. I have very good spark getting all the way to the plugs. I have good compression on all cylinders. I am getting fuel all the way to the carbs. But the issue is when i try to start it. The only thing it does is sputter a little. I have ran out of ideas. Any ideas would be very helpful.

Well you eliminated half the battle by confirming spark to the spark plugs. Verify you are getting gas to the carburators. Since you have dual Webers, press down the throttle linkage and look down the throat of the Weber and you should see a stream of gas squirting into the carburator (acceleration pump jet). If you don't have a gas stream start by taking off the fuel line to the carburators and do a fuel pump capacity test. If you get a good quantity of gas, then I would suspect stuck floats.

Yes i was getting fuel there and everything. I feel like an idiot someone (being my dumb friend that i bought the car from). Put the wires on distrubutor cap 1 off on every one changed it and it started right up like a champ thanks for the input though.