kick plate refurbish - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

kick plate refurbish

Featured Replies

Hello again. You guys will know the best way to do this I'm sure:). I have removed the kick plates (aluminum with Datsun stamped on them) from the rocker panels. I have washed them with soap and fine steel wool. They are coming clean but still need help. Also I have not been able to get the little grooves cleaned. I have tried a buffing wheel on my dremel and that just left a black streak. What is the best way to refurbish this part??

Harry

Original owner 72 240z

Mother's Aluminum Polish/Cleaner. Works wonders!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.