no cold fast idle - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

no cold fast idle

Featured Replies

I have a 77 280Z with 5 spd manual trans. The engine was rebuilt and runs great when warm. Cold starts are fine (cold start valve is operational) but I need to keep my foot on the peddle to keep the revs up when cold. As soon as I let off my foot it stalls. Warm idle is fine. Is there a cold idle setting that I can adjust?

Likely a problem with your air regulator circut or the air regulator itself. That's what controls the cold idle speed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.