IGNORED

Engine bay dimensions

XenoVibe

Well first off, I feel kinda bad posting in this section because it doesnt require immediate attention, its just a question so sorry if this is the wrong section..

I was wondering if anyone knows the engine bay dimesions of a Datsun 280z, I've been trying to find it on the internet but I just keep finding useless crap. I am wondering because I wanted to drop a VK56DE engine from an 06' Nissan Armada into it. Which brings me to my next question, if neither of the above are answered, does anyone know the size of a VK56DE engine? :P

Also, I was wondering what transmission to use, since VK56DE dont come with manual. would a VG series or 350z tranny with custom adapter plate work? Can anyone think of what fabrication work might be going into this that i may have missed? :ermm: Sorry if I've asked to many questions, I've looked around but google is so full of irrelevant crap its hard to find the correct information I need. :mad:

This may help some but doesn't show the inner fenderwells which slope up and out away from the outter edge of the frame rails. The narrowest point will be between the two shock towers. Front to back won;t be a problem as there's splenty of space there depending on what you may be adding to the engine such as turbos and piping around the front.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33004&d=1259215280

Note that a lot more engine swaps go on over at www.hybridz.org so you might find something over there.