It lives, sorta! - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

It lives, sorta!

Featured Replies

After about 8 months of tooling around I have finally got my 240 started. I finally got around to reset the oil pump in relation to tdc and set the float bowls on my carbs with some results.

It fires up after a couple of cranks, but immediately revs to 3000 rpm. After either a couple of seconds of smooth runnning or back fires it will drop down to 1.5-2k and rev back up. This is with the choke cable pulled all the way out and the mixture knobs set 2.5 turns out.

Hopefully I will be able to dig some more into the FSM and get it figured out in the morning. I am just glad to finally hear it run.

:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.