IGNORED

Z Trouble...

Caterpie777

Hi everyone, I'm Will and I'm new to this site... Judging by what it's called I would instantly assume I should join cause I love all Datsuns! (Especially the 240z) I may not know as much as the rest of you guys cause I still don't have a drivers permit... :disappoin, but I do plan on buying a 240, 260, or 280z model once I get the permit... Any suggestions of an easy way to find a Z seller near the PA area?

By the way, thanks again for allowing me to join this site!

-Will

Will-

Welcome to the site. It's always a good thing when the next upcoming generation wants to keep our Z cars alive. I'm sure one of our Penn. members will chime in and give you some information in your area. If you do find a Z car that you are interested in the main info I can share with you is the body work can be the most expensive for you to bring back to life. Even if you have to save up an extra year or so find a body that is in excellent condition (a new engine is a lot cheaper than a $10K-$15K body shop expense to correct rust and replace panels) - unless you or a buddy has the means and tools to do repairs yourself. Do your research on this site, spend the next year learning what to look for and then go buy the car that works for you and your budget. Sometimes on ebay you can find a very clean car that somebody has gotten tired of, or is looking to trade up (even some of our members sell their cars that are in great shape - check out the classified section on this site). Take your time, do your research, and don't get in a hurry. Getting in a hurry can make a fun experience into a very costly on with an extreme amount of body work and mechanical work.

A cheap car upfront does not always mean a cheap car at the end.

Good luck!!

Welcome to the site. There's lots to see and learn here if you're serious about being a Datsun Z owner. Mitchell gave some excellent advice. Take your time and learn all that the site has to offer regarding what to look for and look out for when buying, refreshing or restoring a 30+ year old Z car. Money spent up front will save you a lot more in the long run. When you're ready, don't discount buying a car from outside your immediate area. Oftentimes you can get a better deal elsewhere for a car in better condition and the money spent on auto transport is well justified when compared to the expense of paying for welding and/or extensive body work.