IGNORED

240Z in Germany

EvZ

Hi everyone,

great to have a resource like this on the web.

My name is Markus, I am a Canadian living in Germany.

My first own car was a '72 240Z when I was still in high school in 1984 back in Vancouver / BC. It was actually a real piece of junk, it had been in an accident before I bought it, and the front left frame rail was not quite straight. I was warned, but it looked just too cool, so I ignored the good advice. And it went like hell, I used to rat race other guys with their Camaros and made them look bad. I just loved it.

A couple of year later I sold it. And over the years, it has been the only car I owned, that I always wished I could own again one day, this time as a collectors item.

I took part in a classic car rally here in Europe with my '74 Porsche Carrera, and there was some other guy with a 240Z. They are really rare in Europe, especially in Germany. So was was hooked again...

I started looking for one, and I came across a fully restored Series I 240Z, including a complete engine rebuild. It was bare metal stripped and completely redone, now it looks like new out of the box, completely original. I even have the original hubcaps, the original radio, and a/c. It has an amazing documentation of the restoration with over 2000 pictures on DVD and a 3" thick folder.

This car was in Hungary. The owner had brought it over from the States as a rust bucket, and did his thing. Then his stupid wife decided to leave him and to pay her out he had to sell it. The only good part is, he sold it to me. This was at the beginning of June.

I am member in the German Z-ZX Club. (www.z-zx-club.de).

I also collect old 911s.

Any members in Vancouver or Victoria BC send me a post, as I am back in BC on a fairly regular basis. maybe we can meet up. Same goes for Germany, of course.

Cheers, Markus

Edited by EvZ