IGNORED

Tie rod left hand thread lock nut

Tried this question within a previously opened thread, but it faded to depth's w/o reponses so trying a fresh thread.

Been looking through various threads concerning the lock nut on the tie rod. I want to get a replacement left hand thread nut for the drivers side. The one that was on there got chewed up a bit trying to get it lose (It will still work, just want to put a good one on). I ordered one from Black Dragon, but the nut is thicker than the stock nut and larger in diameter. I have checked all the nut and bolt places here in Albuquerque, but no left hand, fine thread metric nuts. Does any one know where I can get a nut that is the same as the original? Also, on the rack there is a plastic grease reservoir on the top of the passenger side of the rack - are these available or is it best to put in a grease fitting? Thanks in advance for informaton on the lock nut and/or the grease reservoir. -Bill-

As far as the LHT locknut is concerned, I think you'll find the 510, 610 and perhaps the 810 sedans all used the same nuts as the Z:bulb:

The grease reservoir can be replaced with a conventional nipple/zerk fitting.