IGNORED

New guy in az lookin at a Z

Hey everyone,

My name is JJ and I'm looking at picking up a z to get into shape over the summer.

Ive always been interested in lots of different cars but for some reason am in love with all things Nissan.

Ive checked out a couple z's and all are either over priced or need too much.

Then I found one that isn't too horribly priced but still needs a few things.

its a 72, automatic.

Heres the ad for it.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/1184550915.html

What the pictures don't show(or at least barely do) is that dented up lf fender. it could be repairable but what kind of difficulty would I come into when trying to find a replacement?

the dash is long gone but the interior isn't too bad. missing a couple pieces but it looks like this has been sitting for a while without much use as there isn't too much wear on the seats.

I spotted some bubbling near the flare of the wheel wells and a dent in front of the hood. Looks like some paint and polish would do it alot of good though.

the owner said that it runs but beyond that he is clueless.

Running doesn't necessarily mean driving though which I'm not worried about. As long as I can get it to my house with parts falling off it.

the door only closes with a strong slam so the hinges must be a little worn allowing the striker to miss.

The glass looks good but the weatherstripping all over needs replaced.

The wheels look to be in okay shape but it would need at least one tire.

But overall, not terrible. I'm sure z's have been resurrected from worse conditions.

I'm thinking an offer of 600 would take it, doesn't seem like the guy wants it at all since its sitting outside of a auction yard. I'm guessing he won it in a bid and left it there until he can find something to do with it.

thoughts?