IGNORED

REPAIR dented lip-upper strut housing gland nut

PATZ

Hello ALL!

I accidentally dented a portion of the lip of the original strut housing ( bout an inch, along with a couple of threads) such that the non-threaded portion of the upper gland nut (the one needing a 55mm wrench?) wont even go inside the strut housing, which is to say that i obviously cant screw in the gland nut!

I just bought new kyb inserts and dont want to have to order a new strut (GR-2) from abroad (none available here). I plan on taking this to the neighborhood machine shop. Any ideas on how the machine shop SHOULD go about this (the CORRECT way)? And any ideas on how the machine shop COULD go about it (the less correct way) if they lacked the proper tools? I need this info so i can decide if the machine shop i go too has the right tools, or at least know what their doing. I plan to go tom. THANKS Guys!

patrick