Speedo Removal - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Speedo Removal

Featured Replies

I need to remove my speedometer on my 1972 240z, is there any way to do this without removing the dash, I cannot remove the upper wing nut, is there any trick to doing this, i really cannot get a pair of pliers in there

It comes out without removing the dash, but you will have to get all the wingnuts off. I've used right angle pliers and even a small flat blade screwdriver between the stud and one of the ears. It works to get it started.

  • 4 months later...

I hacksawed across a socket to grab the wing nut

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.