IGNORED

TOE-IN Converter (calculator) question

PATZ

HI ALL!

I was referred to a TOE-IN Calculator (converts TOE inches to TOE degrees) at HybridZ.org. I was required to plug in the ff: Tire width, Tire profile, Wheel diameter and of course the TOE inches i wanted converted to degrees.

My question then is: Does this mean that the FACTORY (Stock) alignment values (Toe in this case) for a stock 240Z with the stock sized rim-tires (obviously) apply to a differently sized rim-tire combo (in my case, 15" rims w/ 205/55 tires)? This is not for racing applications, but for everyday driving. THANKYOU!

patrick

HI ALL!

I was referred to a TOE-IN Calculator (converts TOE inches to TOE degrees) at HybridZ.org. I was required to plug in the ff: Tire width, Tire profile, Wheel diameter and of course the TOE inches i wanted converted to degrees.

My question then is: Does this mean that the FACTORY (Stock) alignment values (Toe in this case) for a stock 240Z with the stock sized rim-tires (obviously) apply to a differently sized rim-tire combo (in my case, 15" rims w/ 205/55 tires)? This is not for racing applications, but for everyday driving. THANKYOU!

patrick

You should plug in the stock numbers for tire/wheel size etc. This will give you the stock angle which is totally independent of wheel tire combo. Toe-in in inches will give different angles depending on wheel and tire size. Angle is the same for all wheel and tire combos. That's a reason that angle is used by your alignment folks, it takes tire size out of the equation.

Steve