SU carb nozzle - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

SU carb nozzle

Featured Replies

I was trying to locate the source of an annoying imbalance in my carbs and found the problem. For reasons I do not understand, one of my nozzles was " customized " by shortening it 1/4".

Does anyone have or know where I can purchase one factory spec nozzle, new or good used, for a REASONABLE price ?

The carbs are in excellent shape otherwise, and appear to be original to the car. They have three screws holding down the vacuum chamber, and the float bowls have a drain plug. The entire engine is completely stock. The car itself has a late 1972 build date.

Thank you in advance;

Ted.

  • Author

My core is worthless, which ups the price considerably.

Ted.

As long as the plastic head is not damaged that's what we re-use. We don't care about the condiition of the brass nozzle tube itself.

  • Author

I would consider the core worthless since the brass jet has been epoxied into the plastic base.

I am really just looking to replace the one nozzle with a good, used unit as everything else is really in quite remarkable condition. If it ain't broke...

Thanks;

Ted.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.