IGNORED

FRONT Suspension Arm Bolt stuck to bushing sleeve

PATZ

Hi guys!

NO, this ISNT another question about how to remove bushings from the FRONT suspension arm (Transverse control arm). The problem is that i tried removing the big bolt that connects the suspension arm to the chassis, but then the INNER sleeve got stuck on the bolt and the rubber just got all ripped up (so i just torched the rubber off), so the INNER sleeve is now acting as a stopper of sorts preventing the bolt from going out even after giving the nut end(nut removed of course) a few whacks with a hammer! Earlier on i put a vise grip on the INNER sleeve with just enough grip (too much and i might deform the sleeve and make it even tighter) so i could rotate the bolt with a socket without the sleeve moving, and it worked. So i released the vise grip and hammered away at the nut end hoping the sleeve loosened up on the bolt and still the bolt refused to go out! I thought about cutting off the head and pushing it out from the susp arm but the hacksaw wont fit there. I would rather save the bolt if possible since i`m not sure if i can get a similiar bolt over here. In fact i`m not even sure if this is the right bolt, are there GRADE MARKINGS on the head of an original bolt for the 240z? ANY and ALL advice appreciated! THANKS!

Edited by PATZ
added word

lots of lube for a couple days then heat and crap loads of it. Early 90's hondas are notorious for this in the rear suspension, the bushing seizes to the bolt and it takes forever to get it apart.

Edited by gotswap

Hi guys!

Just thought i`d let you know that i finally got the suspension arm mounting bolt off. Yes the inner sleeve was stuck to the bolt, but not as much as i thought. What was really causing my problem was that each time i whacked one end of the bolt(to push it out), the chassis mounting point area just flexed (vibrated?) and kinda pushed the bolt back in! So someone suggested to get a stout piece of water pipe and push it against the chassis mounting point area (the part facing the front of the car) to hopefully reduce the flexing/vibration. I then whacked the other end of the bolt again and voila! the bolt moved out FINALLY! Man that felt good!! :)