IGNORED

XR700 system questions

CNIXZGO

I have searched on this subject but never really saw a solid answer. I need to switch to electronic ignition on my 1972 240Z , it has automatic transmission. Can i use the XR700 for this Z even if it has dual points or will I run into complications? Also, will my tach no longer work if I install this system? I've heard it will no longer work. And, lastly, do I need to upgrade the stock coil if I use the XR700? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nick

• 1 month later...

Well landing another XR700 looks out of the question. With the demise of crane cams everyone (including MSA) are back ordered or NLA. Thanks to Aaron at MSA he suggested going with the Pertronix system and a new single point Nissan distributor. 125 for the dizzy and 80 for the pertronix and our 240Z runs like a new car!!!

If you have a AT like me, youll need to switch to a single point dizzy and install the Pertronix. not hard at all. Also added new NGK wires to go with the NGK plugs!!