IGNORED

1981 280zx fuel injectors non turbo engine

chainechat

Great Thanks so much for the pictures and the information on the O rings. The set Now I am sure the set I am getting is correct for my 81 280zx. And stupid question as it should not make a difference but what color is the electronic connection?

Edited by chainechat

The connector on the harness that connects to the injector? Color doesn't matter at all as long as the connections are right. The stock ones were black. The replacements I use are gray but I've seen them in blue, brown, white, etc. because the euro cars like BMW, Volvo, Mercedes, used the same type of connector on their late 70s to mid 80s cars with Bosch EFI. They are actually better quality than the Nissan connectors.

scvq82.jpg

eq2xhv.jpg

Edited by sblake01

If you can afford to swap out the original injector connector with one of a newer style before you install the fuel rail you will save yourself some frustration in the long run.

Mr. Blake hinted that the replacement is a much better design.

If I recall, He and several other Doctors of Datsun ;) have done this with good results and would consider this, if you can .

I was in too big of a hurry to swap them out when I R/R the head gasket on our zx and had to replace some I broke re-installing them.:stupid:

The other issue I had was not tagging the connections...

" I can surely remember 6 injector connections..." :D

A week later after the head got back from machine shop.

(another short story) got the rail back on I went to grab a connector and what do you know... I had pulled them back out of harms way and stood looking at the connectors like a deer in the headlights at 1:00 am on a moonless night..:knockedou.. without missing a beat my kid says

"What's wrong Pop...can't remember where they go Huh?" LOL

Don't worry, the injection is "Batch Fired". They all fire at the same time irregardless of crank or valvetrain position.

Tuck\o/

Thank Yous to both SBlake and Friar-Tuck for the great information and taking the time to help me make better decisions. This car has been a real frustration. Runs good but hard to start when it is warm. I replaced my cold start valve as it was wide open at the line coming in. The one I replaced it with had a small hole at the inlet and so I think with the larger inline it was flooding the engine. I will be changing out plugs soon so I hope that helps also as this car use to shoot a sooty black out of the tail pipe. I also changed out the air flow meter as mine had been tampered with. Thanks again and will keep you posted as I am not sure now that I need new injectors.