IGNORED

Analog clock for '81 280zx

harkrobt

I am in the process of bringing a '81 280ZX Delux back to life and one of the things I'm working on is to get the clock operating. I have removed the instrument cluster, removed the clock and disassembled it. It has an electonics driven motor and the electronics are fine (as viewed on my oscilloscope) but the motor is bad. The rotor part of the motor consists of a circular magnet driven by pulses from the electronics. The magnet was originally mounted on a plastic geared shaft but it's no longer mounted. Does anyone have any experience with the repair of this clock of know of any parts that may be available. I prefer to restore the original clock rather than install another drive mechanism. Thanks for any help.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently did a lot of work to the dash of my 1981 280zx - changed out the speedometer, heater control valve and while I was doing it I installed an original analog clock that I bought some time ago. The clock originally in the car did not respond to setting the hours and occasionally would change time or start to flash. I don't know if it would be at all useful. One of my hobbies is to restore antique clocks but there was no need for me to take this one apart. If you are interested email me at Chainechat@Yahoo.com