IGNORED

Dome light in a '79 280ZX

Doug Gavin

Hello members, I'm getting use to your forums so this is a repeat of my post on another forum in this site so please forgive and bear with me.

The dome light in our '79 ZX will not be illuminated by opening the doors. The courtesy lights under the dash work fine and when the hatch lever is pulled, the dome light comes on. When the manual slide - on-door-off is used, the dome light illuminates. I have delved into the door pin switch both inside and outside the pillar. All connections are made and are clean. I have pulled out the dome light assembly. All connections are made and the connector is clean. I suspect the issue is in the dome light assembly but I don't want to invest in one unless it is a last resort. Any way to test the circuits at the dome light would be appreciated. I have used my test light to check the assembly and find two of the three legs in the assembly are hot when the connector and the assembly are connected with the doors and hatch open. I suspect the third leg is the culprit and that leads me to believe the assembly is bad. If so does anybody have a old spare one they know work that I could buy or borrow? I could put a deposit through PayPal if need be. Thanks