Clifford intake - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Clifford intake

Featured Replies

I have a Clifford intake and a holley 650 carb and it's running rich, do i need a smaller carb for the intake?

This depends more on what your running behind the intake than on the intake manifold itself. What engine do you have and what's been done to it? If it's basically stock, the 650 might be too much, although not by a great deal. If I recall correctly, the stock SU carbs on the 240 & 260 ran about 225-250cfm each. 2 x 250=500cfm. At any rate, I'm not an expert on this topic so I'll stop here.

Is your Holley a spreadbore?

The primaries on a 650 spreadbore holley are quite small and offer good throttle response compared to, say, a 600 square bore Holley on a Clifford manifold.

I do like the reverse idle setup on a 650 spreadbore Holley. I found that it's easier to tune the idle and off idle characteristics than a conventional metering block and as a result, fuel economy on a light throttle was very good.

Don't give up too easily on your 650. If you don't already have a 390, save your cash and buy some jets and power valves and go ''play with it"

Cheers!

post-10105-14150803239036_thumb.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.