IGNORED

260z front bumper on a '73 240

Ttiger

I did some searching and I'm still unclear... Will a early 260-Z front bumper fit on a '73 240-Z? they look very similar and Black Dragon has new 260-Z fronts for $149. I know the '73 240 had the beginings of the 5mph bumpers and it looks like the early 260 used the same bumper.

Has anyone tried? Will it fit?

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Hello,

Did you ever buy that front bumper from BD? I bought one several months ago. I've had it stored untill this last weekend. My paint job is nearing completion:love:

My '73 had the 260 bumper on it. There were spacers added on the mounting brackets. It had the rubber bumper fillers from the 260 on it.

First thing, the new bumper has a licence plate bracket on it,,mounted to the left side of center. As in European, or maybe asian.

Secondly, my bumper had two mounting brackets spot welded on the inside of the bumper. The BD bumper doesn't have them. I'm going to have to do some serious rigging to use my new shiney bumper

Edited by obxtrainman