IGNORED

Are adjusting mixture and such

New_BE

Hello, ok, my car is running alright, i am pretty sure it could be runnnin a hell of alot better tho, Ok i have looked and read about adjusting the mixture on these carbs, u know where there like turn it in till it seats then turn back out so many turns and so forth, is it really that simple?? It seems asthough some people make it see pretty hard to adjust these, i could however understand the unisyn thingy but is taht all there is to it, nto like completly simple, but somewhat simple.........???I don't know if u can follow that....so it isnt' that hard to adjust these right...

The adjustment that you are talking about fine tunes the air fuel mixture. If you're trying to make your car run a bit more rich or lean then yes, that's all you do. However, theres more to it than that.

A flow meter (Unisys is a particlar model) is used to balance the carbs. Since you have two carbs, you need ot make sure that they work in unison. It's possible to have too much (or too little) fuel being delivered form a carb. If your carbs are not in sync, then your engine will not perform as well. The adjustment that you describe has nothing to do with syncing the carbs - although any one adjustment effects the others.

Also, if a motor is not stock there is the issue of jet size and dampning oil weight. Each can be changed to change the performance chanacteristics of the engine.

For basic adjustments to a stock engine, it is pretty easy (assuming you have a flow meter).