FYI: "Y70" Maxima/810 flywheel located - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

FYI: "Y70" Maxima/810 flywheel located

Featured Replies

I didn't end up buying this for myself, but I thought I'd pass the info along:

"Y70" flywheel, Nissan part # 12310-Y7056 (supercedes old part # 12310-Y7000). I think it was out of an '83 Maxima. They're asking $75 for it, and it needs to be re-surfaced. I chose not to buy it because my local machine shop wants too much $$ (for my taste) to resurface it. Its at General Auto Salvage Co. (in New Hampshire) 800-562-3845. Ask for Bruce. He verified that its got "Y70" cast into the back side.

I have two of those as spares plus the ones in my 810 and Z. They're really not worth $75 for a used one. I picked up the ones I have have for $25 ea at the junkyard IIRC. In fact the one I put in my Z was less than that because it was during one of their 1/2 price days. Plenty of Maximas in the junkyards out here. People take the crankshafts from the diesels but for some reason they forget about the lighter (somewhat) flywheel. -Y7000 is the OEM number for the 810 and -Y7056 is the OEM number for the 910 (Maxima) but it's the same flywheel.

  • Author

Thanks for the info Stephen, I thought they were more rare than that because I had a hard time finding one :rolleyes:

I wonder how much difference there is between that flywheel and the ones used in the 6 bolt crank four cylinder cars like the L20B or the Naps-z.

  • Author

I would have no clue about that :)

That's a nice looking 810 you have there, by the way :)

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.