IGNORED

Tuneing Carbs, and rebuild kits?

Seanh

I was looking at the ztherapy page and noticed their rebuild kits for my 72 roundtop SU carbs. The price was like $150 for the set for both carbs. Is it worth it? I'v seen rebuild kits for a lot cheaper then that else where, but seeing as this company is specific in SU carbs, I figured they know what their talking about. (Plus I'd like to have the video that comes with it) But I was just wondering if this is the rebuild kits you guys reccomend?

I'm also looking at their ported intake for my 72 240z. However, I am wondering, I will be putting a new engine in my car soon, and its a fuel injected 81 280zx engine. I think the general concensious is to dump the fuel injection and use dual SU's, am I right? If so, will I be able to use the same manifold on both my engines? Like, can I buy the ported manifold for my current 72 engine and swap it out to the new engine as soon as I'm ready to drop it in? Thanks!

are more correctly - refresh kits. Just some new gaskets and a Viton needle/seat. Oh, and a useless and dangerous piece of tempting-ly flexible fuel line for between the float bowl and choke jet. Don't ever use this hose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

These gaskets are useful in a rebuild, but the Z-T rebuild kits include more critical parts and pieces.

If you are sure that you are going to an EFI setup, forget the carbs and manifold and stick with EFI. No carb is as efficient as a tuned EFI - that's the general concensus.

I see...

I always thought that the dual carbs would be able to flow more then a FI setup. I thought the fuel injection on these for some reason was a mechanical fuel injection, not electronic, but I'm probally wrong. I didn't pay too much attention to my first datsun with fuel injection. What all will I have to go through to put FI in my datsun? If it is electronic, will I need a computer or control module, or how does it work? Thanks

with that 280ZX engine you are getting. Some sort of "non-Intel" engine mgmt system to run the EFI. Wish I had the time/resources to attempt the EFI swap, end the days of the easy-but-tweaky SU issues.

An EFI swap into a pre-75 is certainly do-able, but not a piece of cake. That is why many folks who get a 280 engine for their early pre-75 Z take the easy way out, and ditch the EFI for dual-SUs.

Suggest you try www.hybridz.org for post. Good stuff on V8 swaps, L6 performance, etc. If it can be done, they know.

So, hold off on your buy decisions until you search that site and post your questions. Good luck!

with that 280ZX engine you are getting. Some sort of "non-Intel" engine mgmt system to run the EFI. Wish I had the time/resources to attempt the EFI swap, end the days of the easy-but-tweaky SU issues.

An EFI swap into a pre-75 is certainly do-able, but not a piece of cake. That is why many folks who get a 280 engine for their early pre-75 Z take the easy way out, and ditch the EFI for dual-SUs.

Suggest you try www.hybridz.org for post. Good stuff on V8 swaps, L6 performance, etc. If it can be done, they know.

So, hold off on your buy decisions until you search that site and post your questions. Good luck!