take 1 pickup out of a '76 distributor? - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

take 1 pickup out of a '76 distributor?

Featured Replies

I have a '76 with a Holley and an MSD 6al, no transistor ignition unit. The distributor I have is the Federal model with 2 pickups, each with a signal wire, 1 red, one brown, and then both sharing a common green wire. I can't get a conclusive answer about how to hook this up to the MSD, so I'm wondering, is there any reason I couldn't take the extra pickup out of the dizzy? Then the directions for hook-up are clear. Is there a different advance, curve, or any other difference? Since the California model only had one pickup, I was just wondering.......

thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.