Setting point gap -- help! - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Setting point gap -- help!

Featured Replies

This may sound dumb, but I notice that when I turn the elliptical adjusting screw to set the point gap, the whole point set will sometimes move. When that happens, a spring near the vacuum advance pops the lever up. When that lever is in the down position, I get no spark through the distributor, but I can't seem to get the dwell angle or the gap right when the lever is down. My shop manual is mum on this. What's happening??

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.