IGNORED

Just got a 280Z! New to cars.

vexxation

hmm well not a lot of info to go by about your Z but there is plenty of info out there to educate yourself on both mechanics and about Z's. This site for starters and plenty of books out there as well. MSA sells lots of good books that will educate you about the Z Cars www.zcarparts.com

Like =Enigma= said, I too learned my auto mechanic skills from school yrs. ago. learned a lot too as I went along doing hands on and educating myself. I remember before I got my Z that I have now, I actually read a 1976 280Z FSM that I had cover to cover just because I wanted to keep my Z knowledge sharp :D

I always recommend to yunger people that are learning to FIRST learn basic Auto mechanics, then think long and hard about which generation Z car best fits your needs skill wise and budget wise since each generation Z car is different in these categories. Keep in mind the classic first generation Z's really do rely on enthusiasts with the funds and "know how" to keep them in tip top shape. Thats true with any classic car. They usually require a little more attention. Then after you've decided on which generation Z best suits you, then buy a FSM for whatever Z your looking into and learn about it. Then you can finally start shopping for that perfect Z that fits you and you will have some knowledge on what to look out for when shopping around because you've done the stuff above first and now have some basic mechanic skills and some Z knowledge too.

Anyway this is MY suggestion to newb's. I realize it may not apply to you being that you already have your Z first.

Best of luck and welcome to the site.