IGNORED

Drove a 350

some guy

I needed a break from searching for my Z, so I got a hair up it and decided to go testdrive a 350 Wednesday. After owning a 280 and 85 300 turbo, and driving several 240s and a later 280ZX I figured I should get behind the wheel of this incarnation. I never got the chance to drive one of the twin turbos, and regret it.

What can I say? It's one hell of a car. I've driven an E46 M3, and while the M has more power, the Z was tighter in the corners (at half the price). The shifter throws were very short, and the controls felt nice and heavy. Getting my tall self behind the wheel reminded me very much of the Z's of old, with plenty of leg room and just enough head clearance.

But the main thing was how it drove. The salesman buckled in tight and gave me the thumbs up. I really put it through the paces, and the car didn't let me down. It would make a great track day toy. I spent the rest of the night grinning from ear to ear.

It's unfortunate about the build quality issues. I've heard many a horror story about tire feathering, bad trannys, weak clutches, etc. Plus the styling is a mixed bag. Other than that, I think Nissan produced one hell of a bargain. It that respect, they did homage to it's ancestor.

Thanks for reading. I know this is the Classic Zcar Club, but I had so much fun driving the new girl I just had to share it.:laugh: