IGNORED

sub speaker

dat240z71

I'm thinking about putting a 12 sub in my spare tire well. What I would like to do is install the speaker in wood and screw in down in the well. I would also install sound deadening. Has anyone done this and what is the Sound quality . Or would it be better to build a box to fit down in the speaker tire well and.

I was thinking of installing an 8" or at most a 10" for the spare tire well. I assume you could even buid a ported enclosure for the well if you had enough room.

The well could be used as part of the box, so I guess you could cut out a circle of wood to fit the well top flush, then cut the hole for the sub, and maybe if you put it to one side you could cut out a port and tube it somehow from the inside. Then add baffle material and drop it in?

If anyone HAS done this, please post some pics or a description of how it turned out.

I know the stock alternator probly wont push enough amps to run a big setup, but where did you guys hide your amps? Is there room behind the plastic in the rear, or is under the seat a better idea??

Zak