Repairing rear panels - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Repairing rear panels

Featured Replies

Has any one tried to recover their plastic panels with vinyl? I talked to a guy that recommended this to me instead of trying to replace the old cracked ones. I was wandering if any one has pictures of what this will look like.

I was getting ready to do the same thing. I'm planning on using some good quality fire retardant vinyl (watercraft/aircraft grade) and some 3M spray adhesive. I'm looking for some that is pretty thin so it will work around the contours nicely.

I did this to my Dad's airplane about 10 years ago. It comes out nice if you take your time.

I'm also going to fabricate my own door planels and new headliner out of the same material.

I haven't found any sites with pictures of this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.