IGNORED

Great weekend in Mead, Colorado

kenz240z

2006 has been a good year for my '73 240Z so far. I entered a local car show in Longmont, CO on 6MAY06 and brought home a 2nd place plaque in the 70's category. There was no category for foreign cars, the categories were divided into decades (50's, 60's, 70's, etc...).

Yesterday I took home a Best in Class plaque for the Special Interest category at a local show in Mead, CO. They didn't have a category for foreign cars either, so I was entered in the Special Interest category.

There was a cool Ferrari GTO kitcar based on a 280Z. It has a supercharger mounted on the passenger side of the engine. I didn't get a good enough look at it to see how it was plumbed to the intake. I haven't seen a Z engine with a supercharger before.

To cap off the weekend, the driver of a 280ZX waved at me as we passed each other on the highway!

post-6323-14150797481498_thumb.jpg

post-6323-14150797482127_thumb.jpg

post-6323-1415079748269_thumb.jpg

post-6323-14150797483362_thumb.jpg

Hi Kenny, Good on you for the trophies. Are you going to enter the "Old Town Car Show" sponsored by the Silver Grille in Ft. C? It's on June 10th. I believe that "Z-Ferrari" was in last year's show...the owner was representing it as a Ferrari...it was nice ,but not a Ferrari. I have my car running really good and have had it out a few times. New suspension pieces(bushings, ball joints, tie-rod ends, KYBs,etc), new exhaust system, Ztherapy carbs, Crane XR-700, new seat foam(BIG difference). I took it to Boulder thru Hygiene...where is T&D exactly?...and a quick trip up thru Estes and peak-to-peak...WHEE. These cars are sure a lot of fun.

Mike G.

Hi Mike, glad to hear you've had your Z out! I hope to take my Z up to the Old Town show, I'll be returning from a week's vacation the day before. Are you planning to enter your Z? It would be really neat to have a couple of Z cars there!

I've seen the Z-rrari around town here in Longmont and at other shows, too. I've never met the owner. While looking at the car, I overheard the awe in several people's voices regarding such a cool Ferrari! I had to bite my tongue to avoid pointing out that it is a kit car based on a Z car. It still has the 280Z style inner door panels!

I was in Hygiene a month ago and noticed that T&D auto is no longer there. I called the number and got a recording that the number is no longer in service. Too bad, those guys knew their stuff. I wonder what happened to the shop???

Hopefully we can catch up with each other this summer. June will be busy for me, my son graduates from high school next weekend, I sold my house and close on July 3rd, and we don't have a new home yet!!! We've got our eye on a newer home on 2.5 acres west of Berthoud, that would give me lots of room for future Z car projects...