Trans mount problem! - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Trans mount problem!

Featured Replies

Okay. So almost done- I got the trans back in and was getting ready to jack it up and bolt the mount to the chassis. Driver side retainer is stripped or something bcause the bolt will not seat at all. Bolt is okay, its the piece that is slightly mobile in the chassis. So how screwed am I. Any thoughts on how easy this will be to work around. Will I need to get a welder involved etc. Thoughts please. Thanks!

<edit>

I got an answer on the zcar forum thought i'd follow my post up w this.

-quote-

I had the same problem during reassembly. There is a captive nut inside the small 'box' on the frame. I got a one size larger tap, and was able to thread the nut to the next thread size. So far, it's still holding. (13 yrs., 2 tranny swaps, engine swap and a clutch)

-end quote-

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.