Fusible link blew! - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Fusible link blew!

Featured Replies

Howdy, does anyone know what the bottom right fusible link is for on a 78. It is the one when your are facing the fusible links on the passenger side the one on the bottom right. On mine it is burning out and smells blown and the insulation is coming off but it still has a connection to both sides. Also I bought a MSD 8200 chrome coil, could that be it and has anyone ever used one on a 78 and had no problems? Thanks

Also, my tach starting fluctuating after I put the MSD in!

  • Author

According to the wiring diagram that I have, it goes to the combination switch, does that mean it is the light switch. It says the #2 switch and it looks like it is hooked up to another red wire that goes to the fuse box. I was going to attach the wiring diagram that I have but it says it is an invalid file!

  • Author

Hello again, just wondering what color fusible links go where. I have two browns and two blacks. I am going to order all new but need to know what to get? I got some fusible links from ebay about a year ago,:paranoid: but they seem to not be the right ones when I looked at them, it seems like they just have 12gauge wire in them but they say fusible links on the insulation, I was very sceptical about them so I didnt use them! Any opinions please let me know. Thanks

I probably should have put this in electrical, but I am getting my tags for my car tomorrow and want to get it back to my house without something blowing up on me!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.