IGNORED

Heat/Mustang race

280~Master

LOL So I have a heating problem in the Z :disappoin and I changed the thermostat put a new/old fan clutch on, along with flushing the radiator and cleaning it out. I still have to replace the temp sensor and the water pump (last resort). Temp sensor is next. Went for a test drive to see how the temp does at high speeds. Well no luck on the items I have replaced.:hurt: I might have a bad gauge. I will test it in the morning. I am still running hotter than I want it to run, about ¾ on the temp gauge. It never over heats all the way but it gets to the point to were it is scary.

Anyway I pull up to this red light on Abercorn (local main street) and I see a Mustang next to me with the top down and 2 gauges on the hood. So I rev the motor (no muffler LOL ) and look over and he and his girl are in the car. I guess headed to the hot night spot for Mustangs. :eek: The light turns green and we get it on. I pull off the line and I got a 3 or 4 foot lead on this guy, so I wave bye at him and start to shift into third when he starts to pull up and get the lead. Then they wave bye to me like they were going to win. LOL So I stay in second and rap it out to about 6000 RPMs and pull back ahead of him. I then shift into third and take off. I pull way ahead them and then slow down to a snails pace. I turn on the hazard lights and wait for the guy but he would not come back for seconds (I can see him in the rear view while I wait for him). I thought he would want to try again but I guess his girl told him he had been beat by something either one those 20 year olds had never seen on the road before. ROFL

It makes you feel powerful to know that Z car still has what it takes to out run the new muscle cars that the major car companies are putting out these days..

P.S. I have a stock engine in the Z. The only thing I have done is cut the mufflers out and removed the bumpers.. Boy is it fast 

LOL So I have a heating problem in the Z :disappoin and I changed the thermostat put a new/old fan clutch on, along with flushing the radiator and cleaning it out. I still have to replace the temp sensor and the water pump (last resort). Temp sensor is next. Went for a test drive to see how the temp does at high speeds. Well no luck on the items I have replaced.:hurt: I might have a bad gauge. I will test it in the morning. I am still running hotter than I want it to run, about ¾ on the temp gauge. It never over heats all the way but it gets to the point to were it is scary.

First, you need to find out if it IS or ISN'T overheating. Buy a Candy Thermometer (Kitchen section of Megalo-Mart or ? ? ? . Then you can actually see what the real water temp is when your water temp gauge is reading at various points. That will help you to know when or if a problem exists. Right now you are just throwing parts at it, so you need a plan to track this down logically or you may end up replacing everything when it's possible/probable that only one part is at fault. Do you have a FSM? or Haynes? Often you will find a Troubleshooting page at the back of each section that might help you in this regard.

FWIW, home flushing of a radiator (if that is what you did) is not a substitute for having it professionally cleaned ( it's called "rodding out") when the radiator is boiled, pressure back flushed, opened up, and then rods are run through the cooling tubes to clear them of packed crud & gunk that can plug the tubes.

I wish you luck, keep us informed of your progress.