IGNORED

Injectors wont open

san_maru_zed

Hello all.

I'm having trouble getting my 260z started. Its got an L28E in it with L24 ECU and wiring (relatively similar to an L28E ecu, but not the same)

It was working fine 6 months ago when I stored it away. I went to start it again and it wouldnt start. Here's what happened.

Everynow and then (only sparingly), I could get it to idle, but as soon as I revved it to about 2k or so it died. This continued on for a couple of hours as I tried to start it. Whenever I revved it a bit a puff of black smoke would come out and it would die.

I went back a week later and nothing, it wouldnt even do that or kick over. Got out the noid lights and sure enough they were not pulsing. I checked the Earth from the coil to the ECU and thats fine, and the injector leads are both getting power. If I connect the earth from the coil directly to the injector wires coming out of the ECU they will pulse, of course not at the right time, but it shows that there is nothing wrong with the physical lines to the injectors. Tried to start it and it kicked a few times from all the fuel that had been poured in.

Power and earth to the ECU is fine as well. Any ideas on what could be stopping injectors from being switched ?

Cheers

Ray

EDIT: Oh and I have tried it with another ECU, although weather this ECU is anygood or not Im not sure as it came from a wrecker.

Goo in the fuel line-gas thickens, turns to varnish and things stick!

Check your oil! if you have been trying to start the car with this condition, you probably have gas in the oil meaning your valve train may also be at risk-another member here, had a similar problen with a roadster-the varnish from old gas made his oil sticky, and the little caps at the top of of the valves in his U20 (all L series engines are also set up that way) started jumping out-wasn't but a minute before a piston caught a valve and required the head to come off and spend a week in the spa(machine shop)while waiting for parts.

Here is a quick and simple test Use 2 AA batteries in series to get three volts and apply it across the terminals of each injector-if it fires then goo or the injector are probably not the issue, if it doesn't, you could have goo or a bad injector!

3v will fire and not hurt the injector.

If I connect the earth from the coil directly to the injector wires coming out of the ECU they will pulse, of course not at the right time, but it shows that there is nothing wrong with the physical lines to the injectors. Tried to start it and it kicked a few times from all the fuel that had been poured in whilst I had the coil earth directly connected to the injector lines.

As per my first post, there is nothing wrong with the injectors. I have also changed the fuel since I left it sitting as well