tach - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

tach

Featured Replies

on my 71 240, the previous owner put in a L28, and a Mallory Promaster coil. how should I hook up the wires to make the tach work?

this is how i have it hooked up now;the car runs, but the tach doesn't work:

------I

n...-.I====B==to distributor==

.......I

.coil.I

.......I

p..+.I====BW==to wiring harness==

.......I

------I

1=Covered BW to harness

2=GW to harness

I---1--------2---I

I......................I

I......................I

I...Resistor......I

i used a multimeter to check for continuity, and found that the covered black and white wire goes to the tach, and the uncovered one goes to the ignition switch. however, if i connect the wires like the wiring diagram says (switching the two BW wires), i get no spark @ the coil. what's going on here??

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.