Spring rate for coil overs - Racing - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Spring rate for coil overs

Featured Replies

For all of you running coil overs...What spring rate are you running front and rear?

Mike

'73 240Z (Track Monster):cool:

I've got 275# up front and 250# in the rear with 5" ride height.

  • Author

Is that for a track only car? How did you measure your ride height? What struts are you running.

My car is a street car running a few open track events every year and I would like a reasonable ride on the street. Stiff is ok, but I like to hold on to my teeth!LOL

Mike

Yes, my car is strickly a track car. I'd keep things less than 200# for a street car... like you said, no reason to become that friendly with your dentist.

I measure ride height at the bottom of the rocker, not including the 1/2" lip that bends down where it is welded.

I've been running the Tokiko Illuminas but they don't last. I'm hoping to move up to some Koni inserts this season. They are double adjustable and from what I understand, last a lot longer - plus they are rebuildable. My strut towers have had about 2 to 2-1/2" removed to make them shorter too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.